Current time: 04-25-2024, 09:04 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Own ispCP repository
MrLight Offline

RE: Own ispCP repository
Good Morning!

:-)

Nice Link (THX 4 it)!

But it is the same, what I found on other places; some of them are to old, some of them are not for the latest System, and nearly all of them are that You have to make the choise php4 or php5, because no one made PHP-rpm's for isp on Fedora, where isp later can choose which php will be used for which domain, and so on. That was the reason, why I write this little script, which place the complet php4 with all parts on one own place. I was searching everywhere and looking...

On the other hand PHP can be compiled in so many different ways. If everyone do it himself, it will be a nice reason for lot of not knowed errorreports. :-( If U have a own package, you have much better controll over it. You can deside, where it is, what it can do, and so on. To update the package for a new one, will realy not be a big deal, speacialy if You have a nice script 4 it ... :-) At last, it is not only Fedora without PHP4 ...

Yes I understand the point too, not to have things in the project, which is not directly part of it. The accountability and work conected with it, noone want to have. Sad

Actualy no private person need two php versions. Only Provider and middle/big Firms, which have lot of (sub-)domains and customers/workers. And that is the target audience of ispCP? And if You want, that the system get popular, You have to make it possible, that it runns "Out Of The Box" (OOTB) on different distributions.

You can not say to any Administrator: "If You want to use ispCP Omega without problems, so throw away Your $ 4.000,- per year expecive RedHead, Novel, Suse License (And with it conected Groupware and so on..) and use costfree Debian"... (Nothing against Debian, only as an example...).

Back to the point. Where to park few rpm's is not realy big problem. It would be only nice to find them there, where they are needet. And if You realy plan to have an own repository, and maybe ispCP Omega (maybe version 1.1.0) to install with a simple rpm (I love this idea from day to day more), why not to put the rpms , which You can't find in perfect condition at the same server?

That are my 2 cents ... :-)

Mr Light :-)
05-26-2007 09:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Just to one paragraph, about the Admins...
I think it's not the job of ispCP to deliver some "missing" part to a distribution. If someone knows that PHP4 and PHP5 is needed then (s)he won't take fedora (or others with the same problem). So ispcp should of course run out-of-the-box with PHP5 on theese distros.
On distros with both php4 and php5 available then ispcp should support both.

we'll see... :-)
05-26-2007 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael Offline

The easiest way to solve this problem is to add an install-time PHP4/PHP5 option.
And use the chosen version as default for everything.
05-28-2007 08:19 AM
MrLight Offline

Yes, that sounds good!
05-28-2007 09:16 PM