Current time: 04-20-2024, 05:16 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

support for multiple web languages?
achioo Offline

support for multiple web languages?
Has anyone thought about or planned on support for things such as Ruby on Rails or ASP using mono?
11-30-2006 01:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shin Offline
Development Team - Junior
Dev Team

RE: support for multiple web languages?
mmh I think asp is useless with mono, because is in emulation so big script will give problem, however if we use some "trick" we'll be able to manage also a M$ server
11-30-2006 01:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
t0ms Offline

Hi,
there is a plan to add support for Ruby on Rails and JSP for VHCS, have a look at WishList. I don't think there will be much work for support Ruby on Rails. It should run with FastCGI and the support for FastCGI is already in trunk version. The support for ASP with MONO would be very interesting. I really would like to see this feature in VHCS.
11-30-2006 04:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

hehe - but you forgot to mention, that fastcgi support in apache is more than limited...
you cannot compare it to the flexibility you got with lighttpd i.e.

So afaik multiple fastcgi - servers are not possible - there's only one ProcessManager afaik...
please correct me if I'm wrong - but the only way to do such things is to proxy them through on mongrel ...
11-30-2006 04:52 AM
achioo Offline

That's cool. I've already tried getting RoR to work with VHCS2 and haven't had much luck. I'm just glad to see some development stuff since nothing appears on the VHCS forums... granted this isn't VHCS but a for/deriviation which is actually going to become something totally new/different.
11-30-2006 05:16 AM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

Just my 20!

Soon!! never more compare this project of ours with VHCS, all coming after the 2.4.8 Omega will not have anything to do with VHCS, and by so alot of the talk about features here, are not for the VHCS Omega version, but for the project here in the futur, maeby within or not, at the first release.
11-30-2006 05:24 AM
achioo Offline

1 question involving VHCS... Will there be a migration tool/utility to move from VHCS to the panel that you guys are working on?
11-30-2006 07:23 AM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

the first release - our "omega-release" is just a pimped up VHCS - so the usual things apply ... we try to add some upgrade-helper scripts.
11-30-2006 07:41 AM
achioo Offline

Yea i was reading over those in SVN and might try to do that over the coming weekend but my question is more towards changing from VHCS to the panel that you guys are attempting to write from scratch.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2006 08:00 AM by achioo.)
11-30-2006 07:59 AM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

for that we will try to offer a upgrade script
11-30-2006 08:01 AM