Current time: 04-30-2024, 08:00 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

/etc/aliases - mailing lists ispCP
mmf Offline

/etc/aliases - mailing lists ispCP
Dear All,

I need to setup a mailing list on a system which uses isPCP. Usually I would do this with /etc/aliases. However, isPCP seems to have taken complete control over postfix. I cannot deliver any emails to local addresses. For example, I cannot send any emails to root with sendmail - or at least they are not received.

Is there a way to get local email addresses working in parallel with isPCP?

I found /etc/postfix/ispcp/aliases. But I cannot add my mailing list here, because the content of the file is rewritten each time when I add emails addresses or aliases in isPCP.

Where can I add my mailing list?

Martin
06-08-2009 01:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Knut Offline

RE: /etc/aliases - mailing lists ispCP
Take a look at http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...th_postfix
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2009 02:23 AM by Knut.)
06-08-2009 02:22 AM
mmf Offline

RE: /etc/aliases - mailing lists ispCP
(06-08-2009 02:22 AM)Knut Wrote:  Take a look at http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...th_postfix

Thank you very much. This is very helpful and interesting.

It took me a while but I managed to install and configure mailman as described in the document you pointed me to. Slightly complex, but the newsletter system now works fine. Very nice.

There remains only one problem. Mailman does not accept incoming mails which are directed to the newsletter's email-address. ("Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender") Emails to ispCP configured email addresses with the same domain are correctly received by ispCP. I'm not very familiar with postfix. What can the reason be that mailman does not collect the messages?

I still experience the problem that no local email addresses at all are handled by the system. Mails which are sent to local addresses are not received - or at least not visible with 'mail'.

Martin
Knut, I got it now. I simply missed to say "newaliases". This was not mentioned in the description ...

Thank you again for the hint. Now I have a full newsletter system. Much more than I had previously expected...
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2009 02:32 AM by mmf.)
06-09-2009 01:43 AM