Current time: 04-25-2024, 09:34 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

problem with the email.
theprincy Offline

RE: problem with the email.
last update today
before are version trunk 14/08/09
09-01-2009 11:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

ah... hm, I assume that maybe the passwords for the mail accounts were crypted twice, this prevent the engine scripts to get the correct original mail password...

... must be something in this direction...

/J
09-01-2009 11:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Basas Offline

Hi,
my old ispcp version

BuildDate = 20090225
Version = 1.0.0 OMEGA

And if i try with new 1.5 to rebuild email passwords got :
Code:
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: sys_command(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: sys_command(), msg: ERROR: External command '/bin/echo "▒▒▒`▒▒" | /usr/sbin/saslpasswd2 -p -c -f /etc/sasldb2 -u domain.net user && /bin/cp -pf /etc/sasldb2 /var/spool/postfix/etc/sasldb2' returned '2' status !
DEBUG: pop_el() sub_name: sys_command(), msg: ERROR: External command '/bin/echo "▒▒▒`▒▒" | /usr/sbin/saslpasswd2 -p -c -f /etc/sasldb2 -u domain.net user && /bin/cp -pf /etc/sasldb2 /var/spool/postfix/etc/sasldb2' returned '2' status !
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: doSQL(), msg: Starting...
DEBUG: push_el() sub_name: doSQL(), msg: Ending...
) sub_name: set_mta_hash_value(), msg: Starting...

seems that in password generation scripts are changed the way passwords are generated. Because if i put old userdb in courier catalog user can login, but if regenerate passwords did not match. any ideas why?
04-18-2010 12:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

see my post just befor yours.

the passwords in the database seem to be encrypted twice. I don't know why but it seems to happen to some installations....

best would be if you have a backup of the database - just take the passwords from the backup and put them in the actual database (mails, maybe sql and htpasswd...)

/J
04-18-2010 09:19 AM
Basas Offline

Well i found my problem after debuging sripts. My problem was, that i installed new version of ispcp and it had generated new keys... and i did not changed to old system keys in ispcp-db-keys.pl and then trying to decode password decode gives incorect passwords.
04-19-2010 06:22 AM
dcreation Offline

Hey there
I have this problem after upgrading from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5.
Is there any new information how to fix it?

Edit: Okay the workaround to recreate the mail_users out of the backup works, but it shouldnot be "the" solution Smile

edit2: It didn´t fix the problem. I had to roll back.
We really should digg into this!
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2010 09:12 PM by dcreation.)
05-24-2010 07:54 PM
meph137 Offline

Just to let everyone know, I had this exact same issue. I messed up my install and had to change DB password midway, thus messing up my mail passwords.

The instructions of setting password to _no_ did not work for me, I had to change the password field to another of my passwords, one which did not have an error in the status field, along with setting the status to change, this worked.
05-25-2010 06:38 PM