Current time: 04-17-2024, 08:38 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Progress?
jorgenl Offline

RE: Progress?
Is this panel something you would like to share with other, or maybe you all ready have?

Jørgen

[quote=2471]
After learning VHCS would not install on Debian Etch with modification, I wrote a small panel from scratch with no borrowed code for Debian 4 (etch), as I said sometimes it's just easier to start over. It took me 2 weeks in my spare time, installs with 1 script setting host name and eth0 interface and everything else, all you have to do is apt-get the packages then create a mysql user then run the install script and you are done.
07-03-2007 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2471 Offline

Yes, I would be willing to share...I'll need some time to get it packaged up for distribution, some of my homegrown functions will have to be encrypted...I'm not willing to share my life's work totally with the masses and some of the code is dirty but has no bugs, it's all based on a style of programming I have been using for years writing code commercially.

In other words it's quick and dirty on the inside, but quite nice to look at and use at this time.

I wrote an update engine for it a few days ago, seems to work very well written in php as a daemon...uses about 3 megs of memory.

jorgenl Wrote:Is this panel something you would like to share with other, or maybe you all ready have?

Jørgen

[quote=2471]
After learning VHCS would not install on Debian Etch with modification, I wrote a small panel from scratch with no borrowed code for Debian 4 (etch), as I said sometimes it's just easier to start over. It took me 2 weeks in my spare time, installs with 1 script setting host name and eth0 interface and everything else, all you have to do is apt-get the packages then create a mysql user then run the install script and you are done.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 10:49 AM by 2471.)
07-04-2007 10:35 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

So
"It took me 2 weeks in my spare time,..."
and
"...my life's work..."
is not exactly the same...

:-)
07-04-2007 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2471 Offline

Many reusable functions for building tables and connection to and querying mysql...not willing to share code that I wrote and has evolved over the past 10 years...not exactly my life's work as I am 46...sorry for your confusion.

The panel is 3 months old but uses alot of my hard work and sweat, that's worth something to me!

joximu Wrote:So
"It took me 2 weeks in my spare time,..."
and
"...my life's work..."
is not exactly the same...

:-)
07-04-2007 11:04 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Sure. I know what you mean.

On the other hand there is much sweat and hard work from certain people in many different open source projects.
But everyone has to decide what part of his code should be available under which license...
07-04-2007 09:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply