Current time: 04-25-2024, 07:41 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

E-Mail Only Package
kaotix Offline

E-Mail Only Package
I was wondering how I would go about setting up an account to allow only e-mails and have a mailbox limit. I want to provide an e-mail only service for a few of my colleagues as they already have websites but for some unknown reason they don't have their own e-mail addresses.

Basically they will just point their MX records to my server and everything will be handled by me.

Is this possible?
12-02-2009 02:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: E-Mail Only Package
Just add them as normal users, with 0 ftp accounts. This way they won't be able to upload anything to the server, while still being able to create e-mail addresses and use the webmail and pop3/imap/smtp Smile
12-02-2009 05:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kaotix Offline

That's a good idea I guess.
I'll give it a try. I can always manually remove the apache place holder should anyone try and access their site on my server.

Thanks
12-02-2009 06:04 AM
dazlat Offline

(12-02-2009 05:57 AM)kilburn Wrote:  Just add them as normal users, with 0 ftp accounts. This way they won't be able to upload anything to the server, while still being able to create e-mail addresses and use the webmail and pop3/imap/smtp Smile

Hi,
On a similar thread, is there a way for a new user to request creation of an email-only style account via ispCP for a shared email domain (same domain used by multiple, unrelated users)?

Many thanks,

Darren
02-07-2010 01:08 PM