Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems with Outlook 2010 (beta) sending mails
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Problems with Outlook 2010 (beta) sending mails
You're totally right nuxwin, but my point was that I feel pissed off when I'm trying to help someone and she lies to me Tongue
10-15-2010 06:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Nuxwin
Unregistered

(10-15-2010 06:38 PM)kilburn Wrote:  You're totally right nuxwin, but my point was that I feel pissed off when I'm trying to help someone and she lies to me Tongue

I love you too Wink
10-15-2010 06:46 PM
blackwing01 Offline

I actually have that file but I find it in a rather different location /usr/lib64/sasl/smtpd.conf

I'm not sure which of the things that I added make it work for me for outlook 2010, I'm using dovecot, postfix, postfixadmin and mysql on my system also.

Sorry I'm not lying to you guys actually did try to put that on my machine.

the last thing that I added was this line on my machine but i dont think it has something to do with it

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

after I added this and restart the server things work for outlook 2010 ang the lastest version of thunderbird.
10-16-2010 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user
petzsch Offline

I would like to point out that this is also an issue with Windows Live Mail as included in Microsoft Windows 7.

I kind of forgot about this thread and expected the issue solved with an update or so.
03-24-2011 11:55 PM
sa5kia Offline

Guys, this German / English so caled sollution is not a solution at all. So if some package doesn't work, you guys just disable it and think its fixed?? Disabling NTLM in smtpd.conf doesn't fix the problem cause then your Microsoft Outlook clients cannot use SPA anymore and sending plain passwords over the network is almost the same as configuring an open relay.

My Cyrus NTLM package was working just fine under Postfix for all Outlook versions, except for Outlook 2010, it doesn't seem to work anymore, even worse, it totally crashes my smtpd process! So thanks to the release of Outlook 2010, I now have to tell all the other Outlook users who had no problems, to go use insecure settings cause I have to disable NTLM.

Does anybody have a REAL fix? I mean, a fix where Outlook 2010 can check SPA login without crashing the smtpd process?
07-01-2011 12:30 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

(07-01-2011 12:30 PM)sa5kia Wrote:  Guys, this German / English so caled sollution is not a solution at all. So if some package doesn't work, you guys just disable it and think its fixed?? Disabling NTLM in smtpd.conf doesn't fix the problem cause then your Microsoft Outlook clients cannot use SPA anymore and sending plain passwords over the network is almost the same as configuring an open relay.

My Cyrus NTLM package was working just fine under Postfix for all Outlook versions, except for Outlook 2010, it doesn't seem to work anymore, even worse, it totally crashes my smtpd process! So thanks to the release of Outlook 2010, I now have to tell all the other Outlook users who had no problems, to go use insecure settings cause I have to disable NTLM.

Does anybody have a REAL fix? I mean, a fix where Outlook 2010 can check SPA login without crashing the smtpd process?

Hi

this seems to be a general sasl/ntlm -> outlook 2010 problem which cannot be solved by ispcp-supporters.

Of course the solution here is more a workaround.

If you search the internet you see that also cram-md5 should be a good "mech list"-value for outlook 2010.

/Joxi
09-14-2011 10:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed