Current time: 04-19-2024, 04:24 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Folder permissions
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Folder permissions
So I guess it's time for you to switch to another opensource forum software Wink Every software experiences security-related problems sooner or later (ispcp included), but knowing this fact it's of crucial importance how the devs handle these situations. In this case, I would say they handled it in the worst possible way...
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2010 04:19 AM by kilburn.)
02-07-2010 04:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

Coming back to the original topic.

We can think about making backup owned by vu2000.vu2000 so the panel can restore the backups on behave of the user. root owned is not a good idea: in this case we have to act as root where it is not needed.
02-07-2010 04:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
c0urier Offline

@ Kilburg - Well I like Open Source and contributing where I can, but I would like to know if there is things I should be aware of ex. a news mail with info about a bug and how to disable the feature or make restrictions.

@RatS - That sounds like a good idea with vu2000:vu2000 - Since that would help users experiencing the issue I mentioned. And I don't think many would suffer from a change like that.
02-07-2010 05:36 AM