Current time: 04-20-2024, 07:58 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

isp-control.net is laggy,
raphael Offline

RE: isp-control.net is laggy,
ephigenie Wrote:Anyone of the fcgid gurus got an idea why its not killing idle php's ?
And just btw. documentation for fcgid - extra parameters is not existent Sad
^^mod_fastcgi was better documented Tongue
hint: http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/doc.htm
07-03-2007 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

now i changed to 2.1 lets see Sad

Quote:This solves a problem with PHP in FastCGI mode. By default, PHP stops accepting new FastCGI connections after handling 500 requests; unfortunately, there is a potential race condition during the PHP cleanup code in which PHP can be shutting down but still have the socket open, so mod_fcgid under heavy load can send request number 501 to PHP and have it "accepted", but then PHP appears to simply exit, causing errors.

If you are using PHP, you should set it to 500. -1 mean fastcgi process will not exit no matter how many requests it has handled.

i always thought this error occurs at 5000 Sad - ok we'll have to change it in the starter-scripts as well Wink
But once again lets test if this solves it a bit.
And 2.1 is not included in etch Sad
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2007 07:59 PM by ephigenie.)
07-03-2007 07:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
macbishop Offline

ephigenie Wrote:PHP stops accepting new FastCGI connections after handling 500

I am afraid that isn't exactly, fastCGI/php fails also in IspCP with only one user connected as in my case, i have review the error and traffic logs and only appear my IP but my ispCP crashes several times in the day when trying to connect to the control panel.
My system not have php except the ispcp panel, and i have awstas in one domain that never crashes, the problem is only php/fastCGI.

I think that you need to review again the fastCGI configuration of ispCP for possibles incompatibilitys with others.
--
querer es poder
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2007 11:41 PM by macbishop.)
07-03-2007 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

yeah no - this server was the first one set up for fastcgi - php with ispCP and it was rock-solid until ~ 1 month ago.

I think it's related to something else in my apache config.
i.e. the mod_dav_svn or mod_python (for svn + trac )
07-03-2007 10:15 PM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

are there still that much 500's or is it a bit better now ?
07-04-2007 02:10 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

I had them regularly this afternoon...

lets see if it's better tonight...

/Joximu

and this message does not want to be posted...
07-04-2007 02:21 AM
Z4P Offline

I got today even more 500, but the site is less laggy. The speed is better and no time-outs.
07-04-2007 02:23 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

yeah - i just saw it again :-(
07-04-2007 02:23 AM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

yeah - i too Sad

But i think now its something else. Apaches Load jumps upon certain request to 99,7 % CPU and stays there for some minutes. In the meanwhile it doesn't answer any more requests accordingly.
I'll try again using mod_wsgi instead of mod_python and i just discussed with raphael how to make the public svn available on sourceforge (mirror to them) .
07-04-2007 02:30 AM
raphael Offline

I'll try to see if there's any chance to get libapache2-mod-fcgid 1:2.1-2 in Etch's r1 (very soon)
07-04-2007 02:38 AM