Current time: 04-18-2024, 05:52 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

autoresponder loop
ramires Offline

autoresponder loop
I have problem with autoresponder. When i set a autoresponder if other side have a autoresponder too my e-mail folder gets tons of messages.

How could i set limit on autoresponder messages?[/align]
01-19-2010 12:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rbtux Offline
Moderators

RE: autoresponder loop
use a sane autoresponer....
01-19-2010 12:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Ispcp's autoresponder could by improved by logging the responded messages and avoiding multiple replies to the same sender within a time-frame, something that it's not doing right now.

Nevertheless, it injects an "X-Autoreply" header that should be detected by the other autoresponder, and looks for a similar headers on received e-mails precisely to avoid such loops. Therefore, I would say the the autoresponder on the other end is actually behaving even poorer than ispcp's one. If the other end has a reasonable autorepsponder, this situation will simply not happen. Concretely, if you send from an autoreply-enabled address in an ispcp system to another autoreply-enabled address in another ispcp system, no loops will happen.

Obviously, we would be glad if you actually improve the current situation and contribute the resulting code!
01-19-2010 01:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rbtux Offline
Moderators

what is really missing is an answer interval (do not send message to the same recipient for x days... a minimum of 1 should be mandatory...)
01-19-2010 01:07 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

(01-19-2010 01:07 AM)rbtux Wrote:  what is really missing is an answer interval (do not send message to the same recipient for x days... a minimum of 1 should be mandatory...)

kilburn Wrote:Ispcp's autoresponder could by improved by logging the responded messages and avoiding multiple replies to the same sender within a time-frame, something that it's not doing right now.

So... we're saying the same thing Wink
01-19-2010 01:18 AM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

sry I somehow overread that ;-))

yeah we are saying the same thing then ;-)
01-19-2010 01:48 AM
ramires Offline

Actually my perl scripting not enogh to add time interval to the code. Also I found some autoresponders but ıt's risky to setup in a customer servers. Ok then waiting a perl hero...
01-20-2010 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply