Current time: 05-01-2024, 03:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[HOWTO] Backup and Restore complete Domain
tomdooley Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: [HOWTO] Backup and Restore complete Domain
Yes, you're right. Thanks for the detailed informations! Smile

Now we have a new version in svn repository. For everyone who want to fix existing restored domain users: Log in as root in phpMyAdmin, choose ispcp database and insert a record for every created user (id from table admin) into user_gui_props.
05-24-2010 07:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
garzy Offline

Hi, when execute php backup.php domain passwd the console shows this text:

Code:
"Dpgp: el agente gpg no esta disponible en esta sesion" (translate: Dpgp: the gpd agent is not available for this session)

But, backup file is correctly created, ok.

Then copy the backup to my other server and run php restore.php domain passwd, and exception is thrown:

Code:
PHP Deprecated:  Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/mcrypt.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Config::set() in /var/www/ispcp/backup-restore/includes/boot.php on line 12

Can anyone help me? Thanks
06-13-2010 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tomdooley Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

You can ignore the first warning. What version of ispCP do you use? Nightly or trunk? Did you update to the latest backup-restore via svn?
06-14-2010 06:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
garzy Offline

The backup-restore tool is from "http://isp-control.net/ispcp_svn/branches/backup-restore/" svn branch.

I installed the latest ISPCP version of the "Daily Snapshots", specifically the version of the day 03/05/2010. The source server is version 1.0.1 and the target server is 1.0.6 (daily version). The OS installed is Ubuntu 10.04
06-14-2010 08:14 AM
garzy Offline

Help me please.

Does the error is due to the nightly version? I should use the latest official version?
06-15-2010 05:22 PM
tomdooley Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Please use latest stable release instead of trunk/nightly until I fixed it to be compatible with all versions. Currently the Trunk contains some new changes in the configuration access and file names.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2010 02:20 AM by tomdooley.)
06-16-2010 02:19 AM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

Hello,

First, Please, update the URI to:

Code:
svn export http://www.isp-control.net:800/ispcp_svn/branches/backup-restore

I've tested with the latest IspCP trunk r3001 revision (On Debian Lenny) and all works fine:

Code:
ispcp:/var/www/ispcp/backup-restore# php restore.php nuxwin.net xxxxxxxx
gpg: le porte-clés `/root/.gnupg/secring.gpg` a été créé
gpg: données chiffrées avec CAST5
gpg: chiffré avec 1 phrase de passe
gpg: AVERTISSEMENT: l'intégrité du message n'était pas protégée

(06-16-2010 02:19 AM)tomdooley Wrote:  Please use latest stable release instead of trunk/nightly until I fixed it to be compatible with all versions. Currently the Trunk contains some new changes in the configuration access and file names.

Not true my dear; When I've made the changes for configuration parameters access, I've taken care for backward compatibility. So, the old style for configuration parameters access rest available. Wink
06-17-2010 03:00 AM
Quote this message in a reply
garzy Offline

(06-16-2010 02:19 AM)tomdooley Wrote:  Please use latest stable release instead of trunk/nightly until I fixed it to be compatible with all versions. Currently the Trunk contains some new changes in the configuration access and file names.

I uninstalled the 1.0.6 and I installed the stable version 1.0.5. Now it works ok. Thanks!
06-18-2010 12:26 AM
gtdawg Offline

Clarification, I don't believe this backs up email data. I backed up a 1.0.2 system and restored it on a 1.0.5 system using this script and everything went smooth but no emails were backed up. Was this supposed to happen?
06-28-2010 03:24 PM
tomdooley Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

(06-28-2010 03:24 PM)gtdawg Wrote:  Clarification, I don't believe this backs up email data. I backed up a 1.0.2 system and restored it on a 1.0.5 system using this script and everything went smooth but no emails were backed up. Was this supposed to happen?

You are right. This process currently only backups eMail account data, not eMail data itself. There is no way to backup this data like mysqldump, or I don't know ;-). I don't like to tar raw binary files, because of compatibility reasons.
06-29-2010 02:28 PM