Current time: 04-19-2024, 06:18 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Virtual ethernet and ispcp_network daemon
adriangam Offline

Exclamation Virtual ethernet and ispcp_network daemon
Hi all,

This posts is a google translation of a spanish forum post. If any doubt, ask and I try to solve it.

adriangaam Wrote:I saw that the ispcp_network daemon create devices eth0:x for each IP you have configured the panel and even though that IP is already set in another virtual device eth0:y, ie you are creating a virtual device (from my point of externally to the panel) unnecessary.

What is the goal of doubling this IP? The question is given because the device is putting some broadcasts and incorrect netmasks, which opens a server on the network to other computers, whether they arrive by broadcast to mine.

It is possible to modify the panel, by adding an IP broadcast address and netmask can be set manually? Failure to specify these addresses, to maintain the current approach would not be bad. In reality, the broadcast could be calculated based on the netmask, so this would not be necessary.

I see this as a rather important bug in the panel and, perhaps, should be updated urgently in the next minor version of the panel.

adriangaam Wrote:The truth seems to me a very good idea that the IPs can be managed from the panel, but not the way it is done (with the ispcp_network daemon), but would be much more effective than directly on the configuration file on operating system, ie if debian (for example), a process which parses the data from the DB and the write in / etc / network / interfaces but ... So yes, keeping the settings made manually, by, for example, a start tag and an ending from which the process can change and outside are not.

What do you think about this? I think that opening the broadcast can be one important issue and a possibly backdoor on the server.

Thanks for reading.

Regards.
03-07-2010 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
adriangam Offline

RE: Virtual ethernet and ispcp_network daemon
hi!

any news?

Regards.
03-10-2010 11:03 PM
GioMac Offline
Dev Team

I have same problem - I am running panel on LVS balancer, not realservers, so I've faced this problem directly while LVS has all the IP's already set by itself.

Workaround in my case is to setup ispcp as usual, specify used IP addresses so it'll be stored in database and then disable ispcp_daemon.

Of course it'll be good if there will be an option to not configure addresses with ispcp_daemon, but not critical IMHO.
03-16-2010 06:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

We are not sure how to reproduce this behavior explained in post #1.
Could you please give us a hint how to? The description is not clear enough.

By the Way:
Our Developer Shin is working on a new IP implementation that handles IPv4, IPv6 and Subnetmasks, Net Ranges. For a status update, please ask him.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2010 11:10 PM by RatS.)
03-17-2010 11:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
adriangam Offline

(03-17-2010 11:03 PM)RatS Wrote:  We are not sure how to reproduce this behavior explained in post #1.
Could you please give us a hint how to? The description is not clear enough.

By the Way:
Our Developer Shin is working on a new IP implementation that handles IPv4, IPv6 and Subnetmasks, Net Ranges. For a status update, please ask him.

Add an static IP by /etc/network/interfaces with 255.255.255.255 netmask. Then, add an IP by ispCP (on panel by his Web). (EDIT: Add the same IP on panel to use it on a domain).
Then, see the IPs added on server: ifconfig

At this time, you can see that there are 2 virtual eths (eth0:1 and eth0:2 by example) with the same IP, one with 255.255.255.255 netmask and other with 255.0.0.0 (i'm speaking on memory, cant see that value now). What's the reason of having 2 virtual eths with the same IP? Is this a bug?

Thanks.

Regards.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2010 12:17 AM by adriangam.)
03-18-2010 12:17 AM
nosfe Offline

Hi

Anybody resolved this problem? I have the same problem. I can't add more than one ip address.

When I add address (aliases eth0:0 eth0:1 etc) via /etc/networks/interfaces (debian) I can't see this address in ispcp panel, and I can't assign address to user acount.

And when I add ip address via ispcp IP manage - web, than I have invalid netmask and broadcast...And I don't know how to fix it.

Any chance for new implementation IPv4 ? Or any solution?

Please help...Smile

Best regards.
04-03-2010 08:34 PM
gOOvER Offline
Banned

Nuxwin will rewrite the whole Network thing for 1.0.6

http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/2293
04-03-2010 08:42 PM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

The new setup will be based on ip route utility, adding ip addresses as secondary ip on corresponding interfaces.
It will also be able to handle other interfaces as ethX (such as brX, bondX, loX) .
04-03-2010 09:14 PM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

(04-03-2010 09:14 PM)ephigenie Wrote:  The new setup will be based on ip route utility, adding ip addresses as secondary ip on corresponding interfaces.
It will also be able to handle other interfaces as ethX (such as brX, bondX, loX) .

You have forgot the dummy0 Big Grin
04-03-2010 10:16 PM
Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

(04-03-2010 08:42 PM)gOOvER Wrote:  Nuxwin will rewrite the whole Network thing for 1.0.6

http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/2293

Until then, I thinkit's ok to do the following:

add the adresses to "interfaces", and add it in ispcp but change /etc/init.d/ispcp_network to not load the network-script...

(see other thrad...)
/J
04-03-2010 10:20 PM