Current time: 04-18-2024, 12:22 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Filemanager->automatic login to net2ftp
dado023 Offline

Filemanager->automatic login to net2ftp
It would be very convenient for end users if Filemanager(net2ftp) function would automatically login current user, instead of manually login.....this would make it like seamless function of ispCP....just like in commercial cPanel, where you dont have to login second time to manage files...

this would make it much better for noobs, don't you agree Smile

Thank you for this wonderful hosting panel

Cheers
08-12-2010 12:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: Filemanager->automatic login to net2ftp
(08-12-2010 12:14 PM)dado023 Wrote:  It would be very convenient for end users if Filemanager(net2ftp) function would automatically login current user, instead of manually login.....this would make it like seamless function of ispCP....just like in commercial cPanel, where you dont have to login second time to manage files...

this would make it much better for noobs, don't you agree Smile

Thank you for this wonderful hosting panel

Cheers

Sure ; We have already something like this for PMA. We can do the same thing for the filemanager too. Please, create new ticket. But we can't/shouldn't use SSO (Single Sign-On) authentication for that. We can provide a link for auto-authentication for each Ftp account created by the customer but not use the ispCP frontend login credentials same if it's possible.
08-12-2010 06:11 PM
Quote this message in a reply
ZooL Offline
Moderators

I would appreciate it if, in its assigned may create an ftp with the domain will be created. with the password of the "domain" gui.

mfg
08-12-2010 07:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:I would appreciate it if, in its assigned may create an ftp with the domain will be created. with the password of the "domain" gui.

I understand the motivation here, but on a code level this is a hard task to accomplishs. Basically, creating an FTP can be made entirely from the gui-side (because proftpd authenticates users through mysql directly). Nevertheless, to create the user in mysql, the gui needs to know the uid and gid of the domain's user. The problem is that this uid/gid is *not* available until the backend actually creates the domain.

Hence, implementing this feature would mean either:

1. Copying the ftp-account creation process to the backend. Problem: duplicated code leads to errors. What's more, frontend and backend use different languages (php/perl), so it wouldn't even be a copy/paste thing.
2. Implementing backend-to-frontend callbacks. This is a delicate issue that we should carefully think about before trying to rush anything out.

For this reasons I would just leave that as an enhancement proposal that one day might be fulfilled, but not right now...
08-12-2010 07:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZooL Offline
Moderators

ok so far understood.
is it possible to implement it with a sort of queue?
08-12-2010 07:48 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:is it possible to implement it with a sort of queue?

Of course it is. But it requires a backend-to-frontend callback to signal the "process next item in queue" Wink
08-12-2010 07:50 PM
dado023 Offline

i see my suggestion has potential to screw up speed and code at the same time.....i love speedy panel Smile...so woudnt like to change it.

Nuxwin.....i am not sure if it makes any sense making a new ticket, if it will slow down ispCP, a maybe hurt performance of my poor vps...what do you think?

the main purpose of file manager is to provide ability to the users to manage their files inside their folders, right?

But, here you have to have ftp account...okay, i know this is indeed net2ftp...kind of ftp layer. But for ftp, user will use filezilla. If user is somwhere else(not at home) he needs a quick filemanager script at hand which allows him quick operations over files.

Maybe you could consider some other filemanager script instead of net2ftp.
Don't get me wrong, net2ftp is a great script, but i use filezila, and for online file managing i install eXtplorer, because it is simple and doesn't need any mysql, but also very good for expirienced users.

heh...i better stop writing Smile

cheers
08-12-2010 08:28 PM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

dado023. Here are two points mixed up:

You should create this ticket as long as you just want a on-click-logon from the ftp-user site.

What Zool meant is that a default ftp-user is created. This is not easy at this time.
08-19-2010 05:12 AM
ZooL Offline
Moderators

Thank rats for enlighten the user.
08-25-2010 11:36 PM
kassah Offline

I went ahead and attached a patch to the submitted ticket.
http://isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/2433

This is my first contribution, and I would love feedback. It's not as tidy as I would like, but I also wanted to keep from doing sweeping changes that might prevent the patch from being able to be applied later.

Please see ticket comments for limitations.
10-29-2010 10:54 AM