Current time: 04-20-2024, 05:17 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Which should be default?
mod_fastcgi
mod_fcgid
[Show Results]

mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid
sci2tech Away

mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid
Right now we support both fcgid module for apache with mod_fastcgi being default.
In Debian repository mod_fastcgi is in non-free and has 3 open bugs (from witch 1 is marked as important, 1 closed and 1 marked as wishlist).
mod_fcgid has 5 open bugs (from witch 3 are marked as important, 1 normal and 1 marked as wishlist).
Mod_fastcgi seems to be a little faster, but mod_fcgid more stable. Also mod_fcgid seems to consume less memory.
For CentOS I could not found a working package for mod_fastcgi (but I`m not familiar with CentOS repos).
My question is: Which should be default? Do you know other arguments?
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2008 08:44 PM by sci2tech.)
11-23-2008 08:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: mod_fastcgi vs mod_fcgid
I switched for some weeks over to mod_fcgid and the problem with dead php-process is gone. And i have more free ram. So at the moment i vote for fcgid.

Greez BeNe
11-24-2008 04:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

I'm fine with changing, if it's possible without big impact on system/ispcp update.
11-25-2008 03:23 AM
grg Offline

X BeNe

I'm still having the problem of dead processes and in the docs i can read that fastcgi and fcgid have this problem. Any idea?
12-05-2008 11:16 PM
sci2tech Away

I`m sure that you have php 5.2.0. Update to last php version and everything will work. And please do not take over to this (any) thread. Open a new one.
12-06-2008 01:58 AM