Current time: 04-20-2024, 09:47 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Virtualhost
santerref Offline

Virtualhost
Hello,

I have a site and i use your panel. The site is a free webhosting and my clients choose THEM.h3berg.net.

Everything works, but if I had the domaine h3berg.net, the panel says to me that he's already in use, so i want to know how can i make that h3berg.net go on h3berg.com but only h3berg.net, not the subdomain... Sad

I think to a virtualhost but I don't know how to make it with the configuration of the panel...?
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2009 03:27 PM by santerref.)
01-22-2009 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
santerref Offline

RE: Virtualhost
(01-22-2009 03:26 PM)santerref Wrote:  Hello,

I have a site and i use your panel. The site is a free webhosting and my clients choose THEM.h3berg.net.

Everything works, but if I had the domaine h3berg.net, the panel says to me that he's already in use, so i want to know how can i make that h3berg.net go on h3berg.com but only h3berg.net, not the subdomain... Sad

I think to a virtualhost but I don't know how to make it with the configuration of the panel...?

Can someone help me to create my virtualhost? I have to make it for tomorrow Sad
01-26-2009 01:32 AM
ceco91 Offline
Moderators

You wanna create subdomain hosting (e.g username.h3berg.net) ?
01-26-2009 04:39 AM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

do you just need a redirect from
h3berg.net -> h3berg.com?

simplest way would be having h3berg.com running on separate ip-adress and create a record in dns of h3berg.net pointing to h3berg.coms address...

other way is add a rather simple virtualhost in a separate config file (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/redirect.conf) and add a redirect directive...
01-26-2009 04:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
santerref Offline

I found a solution really stupid... Add a domain alias with the resseller accompte Tongue
01-26-2009 11:17 AM