Current time: 04-17-2024, 05:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mail arrives in SPAM on Yahoo
rbtux Offline
Moderators

RE: Mail arrives in SPAM on Yahoo
well looks like perfect setup to me...

no rbls, no spamcharaceter, correct spf record, correct reversedns, matching forward<->reverse lookup...

Hmm I guess you have to figure that out with yahoo... Maybe you landed on a blacklist for having a incorrect reverse dns at the beginning... Do you get any additional infos in the maillog when the mail is accepted by yahoo? or in the headers of the mail in the bulk folder?

sorry that I must admit that i'm absolutely clueless what yahoo states as spam in your setup...
03-25-2009 08:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

(03-25-2009 08:11 AM)rbtux Wrote:  well looks like perfect setup to me...

no rbls, no spamcharaceter, correct spf record, correct reversedns, matching forward<->reverse lookup...

Hmm I guess you have to figure that out with yahoo... Maybe you landed on a blacklist for having a incorrect reverse dns at the beginning... Do you get any additional infos in the maillog when the mail is accepted by yahoo? or in the headers of the mail in the bulk folder?

sorry that I must admit that i'm absolutely clueless what yahoo states as spam in your setup...

well that's why i need those values for soft bounces and hard bounces so i can reply to them and hopefuly solve this problem.

the reverse dns is correct, the ip is new, never been used and i have it for only a month or so and sent at most 100 emails from it so it couldn't be marked as spam. also the domains are clean, i checked them twice so it's only a yahoo thing.

so if you do know those default vaules please tell me 'cause i'm really tired of this spam thing Sad
03-25-2009 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rbtux Offline
Moderators

I really don't know what they mean with soft and hard bounces... I think they refer to mailinglists. In mailinglists it's common removing a user from the subscribers when a mail to his address is bounce serveral times (5 times is mailman default). I think that means hard bounce in yahoo terms, and the bounces that don't lead to unlisting (which would mean the first 4 bounces) would mean softbounce then...

Just tell them you are not running maillinglists, just a normal mailserver...
03-25-2009 08:23 AM
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

(03-25-2009 08:23 AM)rbtux Wrote:  I really don't know what they mean with soft and hard bounces... I think they refer to mailinglists. In mailinglists it's common removing a user from the subscribers when a mail to his address is bounce serveral times (5 times is mailman default). I think that means hard bounce in yahoo terms, and the bounces that don't lead to unlisting (which would mean the first 4 bounces) would mean softbounce then...

Just tell them you are not running maillinglists, just a normal mailserver...

i said that but i don't think that matters since i already told what i've found:
* A soft bounce is an e-mail message that gets as far as the recipient's mail server, but is bounced back before it reaches the recipient.
* A hard bounce is an e-mail message that has been returned to you because the recipient's address is invalid.
so i guess this option is default somewhere so when a messege is sent it will be resent in the case of a soft bounce...
well i'll just tell them 3 for soft bounces and 1 for hard bounces and specify that i have a normal mail server... i hope this ends this charade.
03-25-2009 08:29 AM
rbtux Offline
Moderators

(03-25-2009 08:29 AM)alecksievici Wrote:  * A soft bounce is an e-mail message that gets as far as the recipient's mail server, but is bounced back before it reaches the recipient.
* A hard bounce is an e-mail message that has been returned to you because the recipient's address is invalid.
so i guess this option is default somewhere so when a messege is sent it will be resent in the case of a soft bounce...

these are stupid definitions in my eyes... softbounces in common mail sense are bounces with 4xx (temporarly) error codes, hard bounces the ones with 5xx (permanent) errors...

Soft bounces are sent because you want that the sender tries again. If you do not try again after a soft bounce you will end up on several blacklist for ignoring several smtp rfcs...

But there is no possibility to control these bounces (well you can enable soft_bounce = yes in postfix, this will disable 5xx bounces and sends always 4xx bounces. This is great for testing but leads to lost mails in production use...).

I really hope that yahoo only talks about maillinglists here and nothing else.

Quote:well i'll just tell them 3 for soft bounces and 1 for hard bounces and specify that i have a normal mail server... i hope this ends this charade.

good luck, please keep us informed...
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2009 08:40 AM by rbtux.)
03-25-2009 08:39 AM
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

it's been some time and i thought that time could just solve my problem as the guys from senderbase suggested.

well, they were wrong, in fact the situation got worse Sad. apparently every mail i send from my server to yahoo & now gmail gets marked as spam :|. i checked to see if the ip is blacklisted and i got nothing...

this is getting really annoying because i just can't see were the problem is :-W
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2009 10:51 PM by alecksievici.)
05-29-2009 10:50 PM
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

well after months of trying i can say i'm on the right road.

After this thread: http://www.isp-control.net/forum/thread-...l#pid54720 i finally managed to get my emails into gmail's inbox; yahoo still hates my emails but there's still hope Smile
06-03-2009 04:18 PM