Current time: 04-19-2024, 01:10 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ispCP Omega 1.0.7 Release
RatS Offline
Project Leader

ispCP Omega 1.0.7 Release
After two Release Candidates, the ispCP Team would like to announce the immediate availability of ispCP Omega 1.0.7. This release addresses the following issues:
* Added FCGID 2.2 compatibility
* Added jQuery as JavaScript Framework (Frontend)
* Added new exceptions/errors handling libraries (Frontend)
* Added PHP 5.3 compatibility
* Added Subdomain Redirects
* Added Support of HTTP(S) Ports differing from 80 & 443
* Added Terms of Service (Frontend)
* Enhanced Domain Alias Handling
* Enhanced FreeBSD Support
* Enhanced custom DNS records manager (Frontend/Engine)
* Enhanced Setup/Update/Uninstall processes
* Improved IDNA support
* Improved SETUP look and feel
* Improved User Handling (Frontend)
* Postgrey Port Change
* Removed HTML-Purifier (Frontend/Engine)
* Re-written Translation Handling
* Re-written Ticket System
* Security Improvements

ispCP Omega is an open source solution to all your web hosting needs. You can download the latest stable release from the downloads section. Before you download ispCP, please browse through our comprehensive ispCP documentation section and review the System Requirements, Installing ispCP, Frequently Asked Questions and HowTo's.

We would like to thank our community for all the support. We are constantly looking for developers, translators and maintainers for the various distros supported by ispCP Omega.

1. Maintainers: ispCP Omega is available for CentOS, Debian, Fedora, FreeBSD, Gentoo, OpenBSD, OpenSuse, RedHat, Slackware, Suse and Ubuntu. We require experts with knowledge of the distros above who can help us maintain ispCP for each and every release. If you want to join a dynamic open source project as a maintainer, please make your intention known at the forum.

2. Translators: ispCP Omega is already available in a variety of native languages. We are still seeking experts to help us in translating ispCP to many more languages. We also ask the community to review existing translations and help us make any corrections or amendments via the forum.

3. Developers: ispCP Omega is a large project with ambitious goals and milestones. We are always on the hunt for talented developers to join our family of programmers, administrators and future visionaries. We need developers competent in the following technologies: AJAX, C, CGI, Perl, PHP, MySQL. If you want to join a growing team of professional volunteers working on ispCP, please approach us via our forum.

4. Supporter: Support ispCP with your donations. Every amount helps us towards our hosting fees, legal and public relations budget as well as setting up special events and workshops.
11-25-2010 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
c0urier Offline

RE: ispCP Omega 1.0.7 Release
Good job dev's and translators.

I'll be giving it a shot tomorrow night.
11-25-2010 09:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fictioner Offline

I can't install on ubuntu 10.10 :

root@userver:/home/dx# cd /root
root@userver:~# ls
ispcp-omega-1.0.7 ispcp-omega-1.0.7.tar.gz
root@userver:~# cd ispcp-omega-1.0.7
root@userver:~/ispcp-omega-1.0.7# aptitude install $(cat ./docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-`lsb_release -cs`)
cat: ./docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-maverick: No such file or directory
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
11-25-2010 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

Linux Distros: Ubuntu 8.04, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04 (actually it only works on lucid, that's what the docs say)

Good Luck.

I'll be updating my production server tonight, I hope it won't give me any trouble.

PS: Great job you guys!
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2010 05:19 PM by alecksievici.)
11-25-2010 05:15 PM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Code:
Please check your Path!

Greez BeNe
11-25-2010 06:42 PM
kingxerxes Offline

hey,
does it come with php 5.3 installed?

thanks!
11-25-2010 08:41 PM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

No! We do only support it.

Greez BeNe
11-25-2010 08:56 PM
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

(11-25-2010 06:42 PM)BeNe Wrote:  
Code:
Please check your Path!

Greez BeNe

I might be wrong, but according to this ISPCP supports only Ubuntu 10.04
11-25-2010 09:05 PM
Obi_Wan Offline
Dev Team

Thanks for this release. Looks shiny so far though I've just installed it on my Debian testserver for now.

Since committing patches to the bugtracking system worked so wonderfully I think I will spend more time with working on the IspCP source. Yeah. Is it possible to apply as a developer in the future?
11-25-2010 10:02 PM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

Thank you all for the appreciation. The team is glad to have a community like ours!

Regarding Ubuntu: There was a discussion in the dev team, if Ubuntu Server is only released as LTS. Lately I saw that this is not the case. Therefore, we would be glad if you, fictioner, would help us to maintain ispCP on Ubuntu. Your job is actually quite easy: You install ispCP based on the latest available Ubuntu packages we provide and check, which changes are needed to be done. Just report them back to us and the next version of ispCP will run on Ubuntu 10.10.

(11-25-2010 10:02 PM)Obi_Wan Wrote:  Since committing patches to the bugtracking system worked so wonderfully I think I will spend more time with working on the IspCP source. Yeah. Is it possible to apply as a developer in the future?

We like to thank you for your patches and as I know they have been from good quality. You are welcome to join our team, since we are constantly looking for new developers.

Additionally, we are looking for an graphics expert, who is able to create a new website design and some "corporate" material like letter heads, banners based on the Omega Logo.
11-25-2010 11:35 PM