Current time: 04-27-2024, 09:03 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ok I have some problems and questions
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Ok I have some problems and questions
samducker Wrote:it is set to the right document root, but the thing is the domain is loading /var/www/ and not /var/www/ispcp/gui/ HOW can I fix this?

See post above (#9)
04-14-2008 10:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
samducker Offline

how do I get it so server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk is set to /var/www/ispcp/gui/ so strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk is a standard customer account and so admin.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk is set to the admin directory as per usual please be as detailed as possible in explaining this
04-14-2008 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Well, now admin.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk goes to the right folder - ispcp-Admin site. This should work now.

The thing with "server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk" was another story. I don't know what you entered as full qualified hostname during ispcp-setup. You should have entered something like hostxxx.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk or similar so you can add strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk as a virtual domain later.

You can have a look at /etc/ispcp.conf - there you will find, what you entered...
04-14-2008 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
samducker Offline

so what should I change it to in /etc/ispcp.conf if I want server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk to be /var/www/ispcp/gui and want strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk free to be added as a client account
04-14-2008 08:18 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

if you want to change admin.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk to server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk then you have to replace the host name in either the apache config files and also the ispcp configuration and also change the dns/bind.

Do a search in /etc and below, then you see the files.

But also watch about your FQ Host name.

/J
04-14-2008 08:27 PM
samducker Offline

thats not what I want to do I want to keep admin.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk as it is and add server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk as /var/www/ispcp/gui/ so I can use strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk as a client account as mentioned earlier how do I achieve all of this?
04-14-2008 08:33 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

So you want admin.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk and server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk to be the same?

because it looks now as if admin.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk is set up correctly to /var/www/ispcp/gui/.

You only have to make sure, you're not using "strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk" during the setup. Then you can use strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk as a virtual domain inside ispCP...
04-14-2008 09:13 PM
samducker Offline

NO I do not want this, I want server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk to point to the default index page and I want admin.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk to point to the login this part is already working I want to be able to use strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk as a customer account and use server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk for the default index.html(as shown as default page on the demo) instead
04-15-2008 01:14 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Sorry - I don't get what the role of server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk should be.

If it's just a default page from debian, then you might setup a vhost for server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk with document root /var/www/default or where ever the files are (I would not suggest to set the document root to /var/www).

Well, it's all a configuration of apache - your ispCP is working as expected.
04-15-2008 02:45 AM
samducker Offline

I want to be able to use strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk as a website so i'd assume like you mentioned earlier

[quote]2) Since "strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk" is your domain, you need to set a) an FQDN like server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk and a admin.URL like admin.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk. Then you also can add strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk as a customer domain. Seems this has also to do with a) [quote]

I'd assume the role of server.strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk would display the default page but bottom line is I want to have strawberrymilkshakes.co.uk with its own client account so I can manage it and have a website on it.
04-15-2008 03:08 AM