Current time: 04-20-2024, 05:06 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ok I have some problems and questions
samducker Offline

RE: Ok I have some problems and questions
well I edited the dns and then it still wasn't working after a reboot and stuff so I just reinstalled apache and that did the trick so coincidence I guess.... also my ns2 I guess I better set it to 91.121.134.106
04-17-2008 04:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rsmithgs Offline

DNS can take time to propagate, especially if you dont flush your dns cache before testing.

Isn't that the same as the NS1 IP?[/align]
04-17-2008 04:14 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Please grab and study some good papers about DNS - it's one of the most important thing in the internet - if dns is not stable then you have one error after another.
04-17-2008 06:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rsmithgs Offline

I assume your using this server for production use as your earlier request was so urgent? I really recommend that you don't until you are confident you have grasped the basics of web and email hosting using linux servers including DNS.

Take some time, run lots of tests, running a web hosting business can be difficult. (Well if it were easy everyone would just go out and hire a server and start hosting).

You may also want to change your business/domain names incase this post comes up in the google search.

Plus your NS1 and NS2 entries cant be the same IP. It would make no sense that your backup nameserver is the same as your primary name server. If your looking to host the NS2 yourself you will need to build a secondary name server and it is recommended that the second server is not affected by any outtages that may occur to the first. This usually means having your backup NS on a different network and even in a different building to the primary NS.
04-17-2008 06:52 AM